Here is our panels list for HMS LIVE!
User Acquisition & Growth Panels
- Distribution strategies in the 2020s - Launching a new app or game has been increasingly difficult in the past decade, and the starting point of 2020 with flooded app stores and app-fatigued users is even more difficult. What are some strategies that can help publishers penetrate the market and grab users’ attention? We’ll discuss using secondary markets or app stores as a launchpad, maximizing visibility at the big app stores, distribution via big partners such as handset vendors and brands and so on.
- Advertise. Acquire. Optimize. Repeat: User acquisition cycle lessons learned - How can we implement all the valuable lessons we learned in the past decade to achieve smarter ad spend, reduce user acquisition costs and get the users we really want? In this panel we’ll discuss some of the new technologies and tools offered by the big platforms and other players, as well as unique practices that led publishers to refine their UA campaigns. We’ll also discuss strategies for scaling, CPI vs CPA and which ad formats to use.
- Click Less, Do More: The Importance of Automation - Interview with an expert panel on the benefits of automation and the results they see when they let AI do the work.
Mobile Advertising Panels
- Is the Ad Fraud tipping point near? - Ad fraudsters seem to bite more and more of the world’s mobile marketing budget. Are we expecting any tipping point in the 2020s where ad fraud numbers will decline, or is it here to stay with us? What are some of the approaches and tools that are likely to effectively fight ad fraud, and what can publishers and advertisers do to be less vulnerable to ad fraud schemes in the coming decade?
- Programmatic in the GDPR Era - One of the premises of programmatic advertising was the ability to target as audiences as fine as possible. However under GDPR, if that targeting becomes too fine, it may be illegal... Is it possible to get users' consent for targeted advertising? Can advertisers use any personal data at all, or find workarounds? And are we expected to see a drop in programmatic, or a change in legislation?
- Product hacks for better monetization - While Product and Business are typically two different disciplines – in today’s reality product designers are getting more involved in the business processes, especially in designing an app that will monetize better – and it makes total sense as product owners know their users best. In this panel several app publishers will share what features they added or tweaked to increase their monetization, what worked and what didn’t?
- New monetization channels - App/games publishers typically rely mainly on mobile advertising and in-app purchases to monetize. What are some other channels that can be considered? We´ll discuss partnerships, licensing, subscriptions, data monetization, affiliate marketing, email/SMS marketing and various monetization SDKs. We’ll also explore what are the costs to the user experience and as a result to the publisher, and which of these channels can become mainstream (or already is).
- The M&A and Unicorn boom in the mobile games ecosystem - It seems that every successful mobile game gets picked up at one point by the likes of Tencent, SoftBank and Playtika. Expanding to new genres by M&A has become the new normal. Other publishers are turning to IPOs or getting huge investments that make unicorns as common as horses.. What are the effects of all the money that is being injected to the app/games ecosystem? Are we experiencing a bubble or is it just the beginning?
- Mobile Gaming Today - The mobile market represents around half of all global games revenues, and opportunities abound for savvy developers, but how can today's game makers stand out from the crowd on the App Store and Google Play? How can they not only acquire users but retain them? What are the keys to success and what lies ahead for the booming mobile space? Our panel of experts will discuss the vital points developers need to understand.